Everything you need to know as an athlete
The adidas INFINITE TRAILS World Championships are THE new and unique trail running team challenge. Get ready for a sporting event like none you’ve ever seen before! Together with two other people, you can register as a women’s, men’s or mixed relay team, and each team member will complete one of three different loops. Each lap offers a different distance and elevation change, but on all three you’ll definitely be running through the breathtaking scenery of the Gastein valley! During a joint Prologue on Friday (here you will all be completing the same course) your team effort (accumulated placings) will determine your start position und Sunday, when the relay race kicks off with a pursuit start.
The entry fee is 111.- € per person or 333.- € per team. And you’ll get your money’s worth:
- Participant gift from adidas
- Prologue with summit party on Stubnerkogel Mountain (Friday)
- Free descent with cable car from Stubnerkogel (Friday)
- Nutrition during both competitions (Friday & Sunday)
- Clothes transport to the finish line (Friday)
- Shuttle back to the start (Friday)
- Athlete Brunch (Saturday)
- Dinner voucher for our aIT partner restaurants (Saturday)
- 3h entry to the “Alpentherme Gastein” (Sunday)
- Pasta Buffet at the Athlete Garden/ Alpentherme (Sunday)
- Complimentary massage/ physiotherapy at the adidas Reload Center (Sunday)
- Finisher Shirt
- Finisher Certificate
3 runners, 3 distances, 3 unique route profiles: 25 km/1900 m – 57 km/3400 m – 40 km/2100 m. You complete the final kilometre together!
You will be running on partly historic routes through the Gastein valley. You can admire the waterfalls and alpine meadows, enjoy the routes through the three villages of the valley and through Sportgastein, and marvel at the views awaiting you from the summits, such as the Gamskarkogel or the Stubnerkogel.
More information about the individual routes is available here.
At the Alpentherme, Bad Hofgastein, there is a unique Athletes Garden waiting for you, in which you can thoroughly relax after your race. Whether you need a massage, want to jump into the refreshing thermal water bathing lake, or need to load up on carbs, you’ll have full access for three hours on the day of the race, so you can be thoroughly pampered. And here’s the best thing: the Alpentherme is open to everyone, so you can enjoy a great end to the weekend with your family and fans here.
Every race needs to have a set of rules to ensure that it runs as smoothly as possible for all competitors and to make it fair. You can view the regulations for the adidas INFINITE TRAILS World Championships here: