Run and mingle with the pros
The adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN gives you the opportunity to compete and meet with trail running pros from all over the world. This individual race is open to everyone who is capable of running a distance of 15 kilometers with 891 meters of elevation gain. You may increase your motivation by signing up as a group with colleagues, friends or family members, because the largest participating group (team, company or sports club) can look forward to a great prize. All you have to do is enter a consistent group name when you pick up your starting documents at the Race Office (Thursday, 27.06.2019 from 12 am to 5 pm).
All individual runners start together with the WCH relay teams in the adidas INFINITE TRAILS Arena on Thursday evening at 18h00. Look forward to a diverse circuit course.
Elevation change: 891 vm +/-
After a fast round through the village you go uphill from 3 km onwards (after the underpass of the main road) towards Schlossalm. Until there you should have positioned yourselves because the way becomes clearly narrower. After passing Hotel Goldberg you first follow the Vogellehrpfad for 4.8 km. Then, after a short downhill section, you leave the path to the right going uphill.
Over meadows and trails after passing the Mitteregg- and Baldaufgut you reach the Schlossalmrundweg, which continues upwards.
Almost at the highest point, at 7.4 km, you pass the first and only full-service aid station.
Now there are only 50 metres of elevation on forest roads left before you head back towards the valley. After passing the Aeroplanstadl you take the chute further downhill and from Goldberg you already know the way through the spa garden back to the Alpen Arena.
Call for Entrants
You find all key data about the race summarized in our call for entrants.
Alpen Arena Bad Hofgastein; Kurpromenade 2, 5630 Bad Hofgastein, Austria
Planet Talk GmbH, Spinnereiinsel 3A, 83059 Kolbermoor, Germany
Telephone: +49 (0)8031 354 650
By enrolling, the competitor acknowledges that it is mandatory for him/her to comply with the competition rules, all existing laws of the State of Salzburg and Hohe Tauern National Park, and the legislation and code of procedure, as well as the terms and conditions of the Organiser.
June 15, 2019, or whenever the maximum number of 500 competitors is reached
Late on-site registration will be possible (provided that places are still available) on Thursday June 27 2019, from 12:00 am to 5:00 pm at the Race Office.
500 competitors for the adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN
According to Austrian law 20 percent withholding tax must be paid directly to the Austrian tax office if the recipient of the prize money is not registered in Austria.
|1st place||EUR 333,00|
Thursday June 27, 2019
|12:00 am – 5:00 pm||Race Office open|
|10:00 am – 10:00 pm||Home of adidas TERREX open|
|5:45 pm||Race briefing|
|6:00 pm||Start adidas INFINITE TRAILS WCH 15K RUN|
|7:15 pm||Warm-up for first finishers & winnersparty
Infotainment and Music
|8:00 pm||After-race-chillout incl. live act at the Home of adidas TERREX|
Transponder timing. The transponder will be provided by the Organiser. Competitors may not use their own transponders. The transponder must be returned after the end of the Event. If the competitor does not return or damages the transponder, he/she will be charged its purchase price.
The adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN will start at the Alpen Arena, Bad Hofgastein. For the adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN, all individual starters (male, female) that complete the course according to the rules, and within the time limits, will be classified.
The start will take place at 18h00 in the Alpen Arena in Bad Hofgastein.
Routes and entry fees:
A distance of 15,1km is completed, where you can also start as a relay. As a relay each starter of a team runs another round.
The entry fee for the adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN is
The starter package for the adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN includes:
- adidas participants gift
- Nutrition during the race
- Finish line nutrition at the Athlete Garden
- 1-hour “shower” pass for the Alpentherme, Bad Hofgastein on Thursday
- Finisher certificate
- Carbo-loading at the Home of adidas TERREX
- After-race-chillout incl. live act at the Home of adidas TERREX
You can collect your start documents at the Race Office in the Kursaal on Thursday from 12:00 am to 5:00 pm. Before receiving your starter package you must first sign a liability form and a short medical brief (info for our rescue staff).
After the competition, competitors will be able to take a shower at the Alpentherme (one-hour stay free of charge). At the Athlete Garden will also be carbo-loading where competitors can load up on carbohydrates.
Around 19h30 the award ceremony of all categories will take place in the Alpen Arena.
(1) Organisation of the event
- The organizer can change the sequence of the event, delay the start of the event, end the event early, cut it short, interrupt or abandon the event if, in his opinion, the conditions on the race day are unsafe or if official directives or force majeure make this necessary. In these cases, the organiser is under no obligation to compensate the participants; however, in the case that the event is abandoned for reasons for which the participant is not responsible, the organiser will return the entrance fee to the participant pro rata to the advancement of the event. All participants agree that the safety of the participants, the service-providers and the organiser’s staff are of paramount importance.
- The participant is obliged to attend the safety briefings which are offered and to comply with the safety instructions in all respects. Failure to comply with the safety instructions can result in disqualification or exclusion.
(2) The participant’s responsibility for his/her own person
- The participant knows that his/her participation in this event is associated with risks
- The participant confirms and states that he/she agrees that he/she is responsible for ascertaining whether he/she is sufficiently fit and healthy in both physical and mental terms to be able to take part in this event without misgivings.
- The organiser is entitled, but only obligated if corresponding legal or contractual requirements exist, to exclude a participant from taking part if, in the organiser’s opinion, the participant fails to meet the requirements for a proper and, as far as can be seen in normal conditions, participation with the minimum possible risks.
- This also applies if the participant infringes the conditions of participation or safety instructions and a warning does not seem likely to prevent a repetition of the infringement.
- The participant can derive no entitlements from the exclusion in so far as the exclusion was not arbitrary.
- The organiser’s entitlement to exclude a participant does not release the participant from his/her responsibility and also does not involve any obligation of surveillance or control on the part of the organiser over and above the obligation of surveillance or control imposed by law or contract.
(4) Medical treatment / insurance
- If a participant should require medical treatment during the event, the participant hereby states that he/she consents to such treatment in advance. Medical services are not included in the entry fee and will be invoiced directly to the participant according to the usual medical tariffs.
- The organiser does not provide any insurance cover for medical treatment and is under no obligation to do so. The participant is responsible for having adequate insurance cover for medical treatment. The participant is particularly recommended to conclude a suitable accident insurance policy. The organiser has no liability for this.
(5) The organiser’s liability
The organiser is not liable for material or financial losses incurred by the participant caused by ordinary negligence on the part of the organiser or that of his legal representatives or vicarious agents. However, he is liable for material or financial losses incurred by the participant caused by gross negligence or intent on his part or that of his legal representatives or vicarious agents; he is also liable for every kind of loss of life, bodily injury or impairment of health by the participant caused by negligence and intent on the part of the organiser.
(6) The participant’s personal rights
- By registering for participation, the participant irrevocably transfers to the relevant organiser (Planet Talk GmbH, Spinnereiinsel 3A, 83059 Kolbermoor, Germany) the right and grants the organiser permission to distribute and publish the photos, cinematographic images and interviews of/with the participant created in connection with participation in the event without any entitlement to remuneration as a video, CD, DVD, broadcast, telecast, podcast, webcast, photograph, advertisement or promotional material unrestricted in place and time and also to use such images etc. in reports and for promotional purposes.
- The participant also agrees that the organiser may forward the images to adidas (adidas AG, Adi-Dassler-Strasse 1, D-91074 Herzogenaurach) Gastein (Gasteinertal Tourismus GmbH,Tauernplatz 1, A-5630 Bad Hofgastein), Salzbugerland (Salzbugerland Tourismus GmbH Wiener Bundesstraße 32, A-5300 Hallwang), Gore-Tex (W. L. Gore & Associates GmbH, Aiblingerstr. 60, D-83620 Feldkirchen-Westerham), Salzburg AG (Bayerhamerstraße 16, A – 5020 Salzburg), PowerBar (Active Nutrition International GmbH, Zielstattstraße 42, D – 81379 München), AGM (ADEG Zell am See GmbH, Zellerstraße 27, A-5751 Maishofen), Gasteiner (Gasteiner Mineralwasser GmbH, Erlengrundstraße 14, A-5640 Bad Gastein), Mastertent (Master Tent GmbH & Co. KG, Fuggerstraße 2, D-85646 Anzing), Gasteiner Bergbahnen AG (Bundesstraße 567, A-5630 Bad Hofgastein), Alpentherme (Sen.-W.-Wilflingplatz 1, A-5630 Bad Hofgastein), Ein Gastein (Wirtschaftsverein EIN GASTEIN, Breitenberg 65, A-5630 Bad Hofgastein), for their use there in promotion associated with the event. For the sake of clarity it is stated that the image and audio rights pertaining to the event are held exclusively by the organiser.
(7) Data protection
You will find our Data Protection Notice displayed at the registration.
(8) Other conditions of participation
- The above clauses are conditions of participation in the event; this also applies to regulations for the relevant event about which the participants are informed on registration.
- Every participant receives a transponder chip for timekeeping during the registration process. If the competitor does not return or damages the transponder, he/she will be charged its purchase price.
The entry fee is
and you’ll get your money’s worth:
- Participant gift from adidas
- Nutrition during the race
- Finish line nutrition at the Athlete Garden
- 1-hour “shower” pass for the Alpentherme, Bad Hofgastein on Thursday
- Finisher Certificate
- Carbo-loading at the Home of adidas TERREX
- After-race-chillout incl. live act at the Home of adidas TERREX
Our field is limited to 500 competitors!
Fit for 15K RUN
Trail running has captured your heart? Then accept the challenge and join the adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN. Alpentherme Gastein’s Center for Health & Sports will help you reach your personal best. With professional performance analysis including a sport medical check and body analysis the experts will determine your current performance level. Afterwards you receive a tailormade training schedule and are coached for one month so that you reach your training targets and achieve your personal success at the 15K RUN.
- Performance diagnostics on the treadmill with lactate measurement, exercise ECG, and blood pressure measurement to determine the current fitness level and the individual training areas
- Sport medical check-up with resting ECG
- Written evaluation and sports scientific coaching
Body analysis to measure:
- body fat
- water balance
- Body-Mass-Index (BMI)
The “Fit for 15K RUN” package includes one month of sports science training support.
You receive 2 x 4 hours free admission to the thermal spa and sauna in the Alpentherme Bad Hofgastein.
Your starting place for the adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN is included.
Special Price € 111,00 instead of € 278,40
Valid until 30 June 2019, by appointment only!
Therapierezeption im Kurzentrum Bad Hofgastein
Sen. W. Wilflingplatz 1, 5630 Bad Hofgastein
Tel.: 06432 / 8293-200
Every race needs to have a set of rules to ensure that it runs as smoothly as possible for all competitors and to make it fair. You can view the regulations for the adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN here.
By registering, you acknowledge these Regulations and give your assurance that you read the individual provisions in full and understood them. You will confirm this by adding your signature under the declaration of liability.
The Organiser reserves the right to make changes to the Regulations. The latest version can be viewed at any time on this website.
The routes of the adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN will be marked for the competition, and helpers will be deployed at critical locations. Because of the situations that can arise in open country and with changing weather conditions, it is not possible to guarantee that there will be no gaps in the route markings.
It is the athletes’ responsibility to keep themselves informed at all times about the correct routes and about how to use these routes in accordance with the rules. The Organiser will provide additional map and GPS material for this purpose.
If a competitor leaves the route indicated, this will lead to the immediate disqualification.
If a competitor misses the routing or leaves the competition route, leading to disqualification, the Organiser accepts no responsibility for this.
Depending on weather and other conditions, the Organiser reserves the right to change the route accordingly on safety grounds and to switch to alternative routes. These steps may alter the stated horizontal distances, elevation change and difficulty levels of the route.
The route will have one refreshment point. It will be in a hut, so it will also serve as a checkpoint and a first aid and a rescue post.
A wide range of food and drink will be available for competitors at the refreshment point. The exact location of the refreshment point will be provided on the route map.
The refreshment point is the only place where competitors may dispose of waste. Disposing of waste on the route (littering) is a breach of National Park Regulations and will be reported to the authorities, as well as resulting in the immediate disqualification of the offender’s entire relay team. Littering will be monitored by race marshals.
Finish closing time
The finish will close at 9:00 pm at the adidas INFINITE TRAILS Arena / Alpen Arena in Bad Hofgastein.
This schedule and the respective time limits are stated in detail on the route map and/or in the Call for Entrants. On safety grounds, the Organiser reserves the right to adjust the schedule at short notice.
Cut-off times are non-negotiable and serve to keep competitors safe! If a competitor continues to run in breach of the route staff’s instructions, he/she does so at his/her own risk and will be immediately disqualified. In this case, the competitor will no longer have any right to further services (refreshments, safeguarding for the route, etc.) as part of the adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN.
After the end of the race, the mountain rescue service and the race staff will comb and clear the route. Athletes who are found by the mountain rescue service must stop racing immediately, and will be led off the route for their own safety. The competition staff’s instructions also serve to keep competitors safe in this case and are non-negotiable.
Conduct on the route
The competitors undertake to follow all the rules and requirements arising from the provisions of these Regulations and their annexes, as well as all guidelines and instructions of the Race Committee, the route marshals and the first aid and rescue services (mountain rescue service, Race Doctor, etc.).
In particular, the following rules must be followed:
- All competitors must follow the route markings.
- Competitors will take the necessary steps – irrespective of explicit rules or instructions – to avoid endangering themselves, other competitors, organisation representatives or third parties on or in the vicinity of the route on account of the route conditions and weather conditions.
- Competitors must help people who are in danger or have had an accident, and must report every accident immediately by telephone to the Race Committee, or notify an official helper on the route.
- Competitors must get out of the way of faster athletes and let them overtake.
- Competitors must protect the environment: no waste of any kind may be left on the route. If this rule is breached, the offender’s entire team will be disqualified.
- It is prohibited to provide a runner with any form of physical support (pushing, pulling or carrying).
- The adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN will take place on public roads, forest roads, trails, paths and hiking routes that will not be cordoned off.
- The road traffic regulations and rules for the use of forest roads and tracks, paths and trails are also mandatory during the competition. Competitors must follow the instructions of the police, the Route Manager and the other route staff. It is against the rules of the competition to take short cuts and leave the route: this increases the risk of accidents, harms the environment and will result in the immediate disqualification of the offender’s entire team.
- The route of the adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN will be marked. Nevertheless, it is the competitors’ responsibility to always stay on the race route, to be aware of the course of the route and not to leave the route even when visibility is limited (in darkness, fog, rain, etc.).
- The route of the adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN will be equipped with visible and invisible checkpoints. If a competitor fails to pass any one of these checkpoints, his/her will be disqualified.
- A relay team consists of three competitors. Each individual will complete his/her loop.
- As a fundamental rule, every competitor must be as careful as is necessary and behave in a fair and sporting manner towards other competitors, tourists, officials of the adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN, and third parties.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change sections of the route before the Event, or even at short notice. The final route will be announced at the mandatory race briefing at the latest.
- The use of poles is permitted on all parts of the route. However, if poles are carried at the start, they must not be left on the route. It is not permitted for any athlete starting without a pole to pick up and use any poles during the course of the race.
- Any competitor who breaches the laws of the State of Salzburg or of the National Park Administration, and in particular the rules of conduct relating to environmental protection (e.g. disposal of waste on the route), will be reported to the authorities, as well as having their entire relay team immediately disqualified.
- All competitors are required to show consideration, sportsmanship and fairness and to provide support in emergencies.
The adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN is an individual open race.
By registering, the competitor confirms that he/she meets the requirements for competing in a race with the stipulated criteria and is aware of the risks associated with this.
Competitors must fulfil the following criteria:
- General alpine experience; sure-footedness on alpine paths, including steep paths, even in exposed terrain and where there is a risk of falling. The competitor’s sure-footedness must not be impaired by a fear of heights.
- Sufficient physical and mental capacity and health to complete the competition within the time limits set for the respective sections of the routes, even if, as portrayed in the route description, the running terrain is high, alpine, technically demanding and made more difficult by the prevailing weather conditions.
- Confirmation of sufficient sporting capacity to compete in this endurance competition, which is done by signing the declaration of liability (no requirement to submit a doctor’s certificate).
- Capacity to find his/her way in alpine terrain by using map or GPS files, even in bad weather and limited visibility.
- Knowledge of first aid.
- Awareness of what to do in emergencies in alpine terrain, and knowledge of the emergency action plan of the adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN.
- Only competitors aged 16 or over are entitled to compete.
By signing the declaration of liability, and indeed by registering in the first place, the competitor confirms that he/she has the experience, knowledge and skills listed here, and meets the other requirements listed here, and that he/she is not aware of having any pre-existing conditions or limitations that could call into question his/her ability to compete in the adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN. In this context, the points listed by the Organiser are not an exhaustive list as regards the experience and knowledge referred to here, but are merely examples.
Maximum number of competitors
The adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN is limited to 500 competitors.
The adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN will include the following classification categories:
Each competitor must wear his/her race number so that it is clearly visible on the front of his/her body at all times throughout the entire race. Each race number is personal and non-transferable. If anyone gives away his/her race number, this will result in the immediate disqualification of his/her entire relay team.
The race number must not be altered, made smaller or covered by clothing.
The transponder chip will be used for timekeeping purposes and to record the athletes at predefined points on the route, in order to confirm that they have properly completed the route. If the transponder is lost, the runner will not be recorded at these points. If a competitor loses his/her transponder, he/she must report this loss at the next checkpoint. If he/she is not recorded at several checkpoints, he/she may be subject to a penalty up to and including the disqualification of his/her entire relay team, if it cannot be proven that he/she has correctly passed the route points.
If a competitor is carrying a pole at the start, he/she must not put it down during the race, but must carry it until he/she has completed the loop. Conversely, it is not permitted to start without poles and pick them up at any point of the route.
The process of lining up at the start will begin 30 minutes before the official start time.
Assistance from third parties
No competitor may use the assistance of third parties (spectators, supervisors or other competitors) during the race, unless they fall, are injured or are involved in other emergency situations. The only exceptions are the provision of food, drink, items of clothing or replacement materials at refreshment points and checkpoints. These are marked in the Call for Entrants and on the route map.
If a competitor uses the services of third parties (e.g. recovery, first aid and rescue services), he/she must bear the costs arising from this.
By registering, the competitor authorises the Organiser to collect payment for the costs that arise for these services if such services are required by the Organiser, in order to keep the competitor safe.
When he/she registers, the competitor may take out an insurance policy for the weekend of the Event in order to be covered in the event of emergencies.
Time penalties and disqualification
The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify competitors or impose time penalties on them if they break the competition rules, are guilty of grossly unsportsmanlike behaviour or gross misconduct towards helpers or third parties, and/or commit breaches of the laws of the State of Salzburg and of High Tauern National Park.
If a competitor is disqualified, the Organiser will not reimburse any of his/her costs, and all claims against the Organiser will cease to be valid as of the time of disqualification.
The adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN is an outdoor running event in which competitors will be entirely on their own, i.e. will be travelling autonomously, for long stretches of the route. Competitors’ autonomy involves the ability of each competitor, despite the marked route, the provision of some degree of safeguarding for the route by various services (Medical Crew, mountain rescue, etc.) and the Organiser’s individual refreshment points, to find his/her own way round the route, to make his/her own decisions regarding all objective mountain hazards (darkness, rain, storms, fog, snowfall, ice, risk of falling, etc.) and his/her subjective capacities during the competition, and to feed him/herself and give him/herself drinks between the Organiser’s refreshment points. Even darkness (during night hours), difficult weather conditions (e.g. heavy rain or snowfall), adverse route conditions (e.g. wet or soft ground) and changes in the competitor’s capacities (e.g. tiredness or injury) do not relieve the competitor of this autonomy.
Every competitor will receive final information about the competition in his/her start documents. Even before this, every competitor is obliged to obtain the necessary information about the race via the adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN website (www.infinitetrails-worldchampionships.com/15k).
A race briefing will take place on Thursday June 27, 2019, at 5:45 pm at the Alpen Arena.
Participation in the race briefings is mandatory for all starters and will serve to ensure that they compete safely and successfully in the adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN.
Competitors who prematurely end their involvement in the adidas INFINITE TRAILS 15K RUN must contact the Organiser to deregister without delay.
If a competitor drops out and does not deregister, he/she will bear the costs of any search carried out by the first aid and rescue staff.
Each competitor must have his/her own personal insurance cover for accidents and other damages. The Organiser accepts no liability for first aid and rescue costs in the event of an accident.
If it is necessary to do so in the interests of an accident victim, the official mountain rescue service will be alerted. From that point on, the latter will take charge of the rescue operation using the necessary resources, including helicopters. The person rescued must cover the costs that arise, and must also arrange their own return from the place of evacuation. The competitor him/herself is responsible for notifying his/her insurer of the incident in a timely manner and in accordance with the regulations.
If the Organiser needs to cover the costs of a rescue operation directly, the competitor or his/her insurer must reimburse the Organiser for these costs.
Every competitor is strongly advised to take out a (travel) health insurance policy which covers helicopter deployment and return transport.
You may book an additional accident insurance for the competition during the registration.
Paid entry fees cannot be refunded, though we recommend an additional ticket insurance, which will reimburse your entry fees if you are unable to take part in the race for health reasons (e.g. at ERV Reiseversicherung).
Sustainability is an integral part of the Event concept for the adidas INFINITE TRAILS World Championships Gastein / SalzburgerLand.
Because the race route passes through High Tauern National Park, competitors’ treatment of the environment will be rigorously monitored. If a competitor disposes of waste outside the checkpoints or refreshment points, or causes any intentional harm to nature, he/she and his/her entire relay team will be disqualified.